A Case for Outsourcing Your Blog Management
If there’s one thing you can count on, it’s that your company website needs its own blog to maximize its success. The data is clear on this point: companies with blogs receive 97 percent more links to their website. On top of that, sites with blogs have 434 percent more indexed pages than those without. What’s less clear, though, is what role blog management plays in your company’s online presence.
If you’re asking yourself just exactly what blog management is or why you even need blog management services for your company’s website, you’re not alone. The truth is that having your business blog managed by someone outside your company provides you a number of benefits that directly contribute to the growth of your company. Here’s why blog management is the one thing your business can’t live without.
What Blog Management Actually Entails
Making sure your business site has a great blog is a major linchpin when it comes to marketing your business. Not only does it aid in attracting target audiences and building loyalty with your brand, but these activities can also have a positive impact on your profitability. However, cultivating a blog is an important facet of your brand identity that can often be a full-time job — and as a business owner, you’ve already got your hands full.
When considering how much time and effort it will take you to manage your business blog personally, it’s important to consider how much of your time you’ll be investing in this project. Managing a blog requires mastering a number of tasks, some of which may be far outside your area of expertise. In fact, here’s what blog management often entails:
- Planning and Researching: It can take some time and effort to research the topic of a blog post. At the very least, you’ll need to find sources to fact-check any statistics you cite to ensure they’re accurate.
- Writing: The act of writing a post itself can be time-consuming, especially if you’re unfamiliar with marketing strategies and copywriting best practices.
- Editing and Revising: Even the best blog writer revises their work before it’s ready for consumption. Going over each blog you write with a fine-toothed comb is an exhausting process.
- Finding Appropriate Media: Images or other media should always accompany blog articles, as this increases an article’s views by as much as 94 percent. However, sourcing appropriate royalty-free images can be a difficult process.
- Search Engine Optimization: Without conducting detailed keyword research and knowing how to integrate those keywords into your blog post effectively, your post won’t rank as well in search engine result pages as it otherwise could.
- Publishing: Even the most user-friendly content management and publishing system has a learning curve. WordPress blog management might be the easiest path to publishing your articles, but it’s still going to require learning the ins and outs of the platform on an intimate level.
- Marketing and Social Media Sharing: Knowing how to market your blog effectively by sharing it through social media channels requires a deft hand that understands social platforms and how to leverage them for maximum impact.
- Engagement Monitoring and Analysis: Your business not getting as much of a boost as you would like from your blog post? It’s time to analyze reach and engagement figures and conceptualize new marketing strategies to offset these pitfalls.
Not Enough Hours in the Day
At this point, it’s clear that blog management is a major undertaking, even for a smaller business. If you don’t have the requisite knowledge to manage your blog effectively, you face a long and arduous task ahead of you: dedicating an inordinate amount of time to mastering these skills enough to make your business blog successful. Even if you do know how to run a blog, the amount of time you need to invest into doing so will take you away from other crucial aspects of running your business that you may not be able to afford to ignore.
The truth is that even though the benefits of having a well-managed blog are many, managing your company blog personally doesn’t provide enough return on investment. Not when you could be engaging in other business-building activities that would affect your bottom line more positively. Yet at the same time, if you don’t have anyone on staff who can take over blog management for you, you risk losing out on the many benefits of having that blog up and running in the first place. There just aren’t enough hours in the day.
You Can’t Have It All — Or Can You?
But don’t lose hope. There’s a way you can have your cake and eat it too when it comes to having a quality blog for your business. The answer, of course, is enlisting a partner that specializes in blog management services. Turning to an independent blogging and content creation service solves all of your problems while also ensuring that you’re taking steps to support your business and help it grow.
Blog management services have the skills and expertise to not only create content customized to your business and its goals but also to ensure that content is presented in ways that maximize its impact. Blogging services do more than write, proof, and edit quality blogs before publishing them; they often include keyword research and SEO services, social media marketing services, and appropriate image and other media sourcing as well. Altogether, this ensures that your content has the impact it needs to when it comes to growing your business — and all at an affordable price.
Don’t leave yourself out in the cold when it comes to growing your own business. There’s no reason to struggle with blog management on your own without the aid of a qualified and experienced service provider. If you’re looking to partner with a blog management service company, contact us today and learn more about how we can help your business grow to its fullest potential.